Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Petal Onesie Tutorial

I've been away at a wedding all weekend so haven't managed to keep up my challenge to the full extent I would have liked! Bummer!! Oh well, I've still been creative thorough it all, thank goodness, I've just been without my craft supplies and sewing machine!
Seeing as I was having withdrawals, as soon as I got home I got straight into this gorgeous little project!


I found the idea at Southern Lovely (tutorial here) and thought I'd put my own little spin on it...I couldn't resist!

Felt in a variety of colours (or one..if you like)
A onesie
Pins
Sewing Machine
Scissors
Small circular item to trace (optional!)
Firstly, trace your petals using a circular item the desired size. Mine was a bottle of fabric glue!
Have a play with the petal sizes and see what suits you!
Do this in your different colours until you feel you have enough. I used a lot of guess work.



Pin all of your petals onto your onesie ensuring that colours aren't touching and they are evenly spaced. 



Sew your petals on starting with the top layer. This was a bit tricky and I was concentrating so much that I didn't take a picture, sorry! Just make sure you follow the line and keep them as aligned as possible. Also, make sure you're only sewing though the one layer of onesie too!

Here is is!
Ava is wearing it with a little skirt by Sooki Baby-I'm hoping to make a matching skirt or tutu one day soon!!

 photo loveemmie2_zps3a833205.jpg

Depending what day it is, you may find this post at any of these wonderful parties!!

11 comments:

  1. Adorable onesie, and the baby is adorable, too!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
    http://www.usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/03/submarine-sunday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too adorable!Love the photos and the lovely baby! Thanks for sharing tutorial.
    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just precious, and so is your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!! Don't forget to link up to The DIY'ers! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/search/label/The%20DIY%27ers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable :-)

    Would love for you to link up at the Friday Baby Shower this week - a link party for all things baby related including crafts, Alice @ Mums Make Lists x

    http://mumsmakelists.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/The%20Friday%20Baby%20Shower

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like your little model is happy with her shirt :) Love the colors you chose.

    I'd be thrilled if you'd link up at this week's Off the Hook!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Looks like she likes it too. Stopping by from the Tell Me Tuesday link party

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaawww!!! What a fabulously cute outfit! Love the petals idea - babies just grow up too fast, don't they? Mine are older now, but I still love to make girly baby outfits for gifts and for sale. Thanks for sharing. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! This is just adorable! Thanks so much for linking this up as well!

    Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for linking up at the Friday Baby Shower Alice xxx

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips