Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

...Thrift Shop Purse Revamp

I was out and about opp shopping recently and came across this purse for $1. Pretty cool. It's an old Sportsgirl clutch and it's in my favorite colour! Score!


A few weeks ago I made some show flowers-you can see the tutorial here- and I decided that perhaps a similar addition would be nice on this purse!

Fabric Scraps
A button
Needle and thread
Scissors
An old purse

I collected my fabric scraps in a range of different colours that complimented the purse
 I found a circle shape that would be a good size for my biggest circle. This Dulux paint sample tin did the trick!

 I then cut graduating circles out of my fabrics and put them in place

Before sewing your button on, pop a couple of stitches through your flower, just to hold the 'petals' in place, then sew on your button!
You could glue your button flower on, or sew it, like I did. I figured it's be fastened better this way
Here it is! SO easy!




 photo loveemmie2_zps3a833205.jpg

Depending what day it is, you may see this project at any of these fabulous parties!

5 comments:

  1. So lovely! Thanks for sharing.
    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. super super ute, I love all the different fabric on the rosette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Homemaker on a Dime. This is so cute! Love the happy Spring colors.

    Jeanette @ Creating a Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting me know! I've linked up a few of my projects already!! Enjoy your week xo

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips