Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

...Hummingbird Cake

Straya Day 2013.

This year I thought I might make a cake for our annual Australia Day BBQ dessert, and what better than a Hummingbird cake, right?





Ok, I've never made one of these before, but when I had a few over-ripe bananas in the fruit bowl I thought I'd look up my favorite baking cookbook for a Banana Cake recipe. On my search, I managed to come across this pearler of a recipe. I don't think I've even tried Hummingbird Cake before, let alone eaten some, I didn't even know it had banana in it! As soon as I saw that the cake contained pineapple, though, my decision was made.

Pineapple's Aussie, right?!

Anyway, I searched the pantry for ingredients and I have everything, except walnuts. But I did have pecans!

Pecans are Aussie, right?!

And so it goes!

Here's some pics of the process.... Saddest part is that I didn't actually get to try the cake as we left the Aussie Day Barbie early. A bit of a bummer as it was looking pretty spesh. 





mmmmmm......appalling, I mean, appealing......






 Man, I want some now!!





No comments:

 photo commentssean_zps60bb10da.jpg

Blogging tips