Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

...Baby Food Fun!

So, Ava's well and truly on solids now.

I've been mucking around for awhile with different combinations of food, slowly introducing different veggies bit by bit, giving them a shot for 3 days, then trying a new one. The whole time I've been REALLY tentative about what she's eating....new Mummy fears I guess!

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to cooking my own baby food. I know that the pre-packaged products are meant to be completely natural with nothing added etc, but I figure if I'm able to make it for myself then I know where everything's come and safe and sound. Paranoid Mumma again!!

My friend Jordan lent me a baby food cookbook and I've been umming and aahing about using it due to a few more complex foods being used in some recipes.

The book is called 'The Truly Scrumptious Book of Organic Baby Purees' by Topsy Fogg (I know, right?!) and Janice Fisher. It's full of fantastics tops for preparing food, nutritional information, and, of course, some fabbo recipes!

Here's the book-Eddie loves it!




Yesterday, I decided to go all out and attempt some of these recipes.

I decided to cook 
Carrot, Parsnip and Swede
Potato, Courgette and Swede
Sweet Potato, Carrot and Broccoli
and
Pear and Apple with Cinnamon

Ava's loving the all, which is fantastic! My main issue was with the introduction of multiple foods at a time, so I made sure that she'd tried all of the foods at least once before to avoid a reaction!

Here's some pics of my adventures


BEFORE
Delicious fresh produce ready for cooking!


AFTER
Smooshy pureed goodness, all ready to be frozen!





Tasty sealed up portions ready for action

 mmmmmmm.....





Lovin  it!!




No comments:

 photo commentssean_zps60bb10da.jpg

Blogging tips